Moving can be a hectic process, especially when you have fragile or valuable items to transport. You may have paid quite a bit of money for your musical instruments, so you will want to ensure that they remain in good condition during a move. If you follow these tips and tricks from our professional movers, you can keep items such as guitars, drums, and keyboards intact.
Experienced Edmonton Movers Offer Useful Tips to Move Your Instruments Safely
Once you have your musical belongings packed up and ready to go, make sure that you use a professional moving company. By hiring the best local movers in Calgary, Fort McMurray and Edmonton, you can be confident that your carefully packed possessions will remain in the best shape possible.
Best Practices: How to Pack Musical Instruments for Your Move
Whether you are relocating with large or small instruments, you can use a few proven techniques:
- Large Instruments: Large instruments could be the most challenging to move, so approach this task with care. If you can disassemble a large instrument first, you should do that. A drum set, for example, can be broken down into several different components. Consult your moving company if you do not know the best way to transport a very large item.
- Original Casing: Of course, it is best to use the original packaging if it is in good condition. If this is not the case, you should take the instrument to a music store and ask them to pack it for you in a similar box as the original casing.
- How to Pack: The boxes you use should be just slightly larger than the instruments themselves. Use packing material to buffer each instrument, so it will be protected if the box is bumped or dropped.
- String Instruments: Items with strings, such as a cello, violin, or guitar, should be wrapped in bubble wrap. The wrap should be secured with tape. Before you enclose each piece, loosen its strings a bit. Keep in mind that for a string instrument such as a violin or a guitar, the bridge is extremely delicate and bubble wrap may not be sufficient to prevent damage. Ask your local instruments store for the best way to package your favourite strings during the move.
- After You Arrive: When you have arrived at your new location, give your instruments some time to adapt to the new climate or other conditions. Abstain from practising on them for at least 24 hours. You might need to tune some of the instruments, especially the stringed items.
Trust Only the Best Edmonton and Calgary Movers
You want to relocate with your precious belongings intact. When you utilize the best moving company in the area, you will not need to worry about your musical instruments. As an added precaution, always be sure that you pack your instruments carefully. Never try to move large or heavy items yourself.
Matco Moving Solutions has served the residents of Calgary and Edmonton for 50 years. We always work diligently to get your possessions moved in a safe and timely manner. Relocating can be a stressful process, and we want to make the experience as stress-free as possible for you. If you are looking for movers in Calgary, Edmonton or Fort McMurray, please give us a call now at 1-800-661-3618. You can also reach us online to request a free quote.