Matco is committed to providing moving and storage services with safety and quality as our priority.
The safety of our employees, customers, supplier partners and community remain the top priority at Matco Moving Solutions. We are continuing to monitor the situation and provide updates regarding our services. Your participation in our efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the risk of exposure is paramount at this time.
Before the crew arrives:
All hard surfaces to be sanitized the morning the crew arrives at your residence. Dedicate a washroom for the crew to wash their hands and if possible, provide sanitizer/wipes/soap & warm water for them to utilize when in use.
For the health and safety of our crews and your family, please plan to be away from your residence during the move process if possible. This will further extend social distancing practices.
Having one person present at the start of the job to complete the initial walk through and again at the end of the job will mitigate contact between all
Do not shake hands with the moving crew. A simple “Hello” will do. Have your own pen available when signing the paperwork.
After the crew leaves:
After the crew has left the residence, sanitize all hard surfaces as soon as possible. This includes doorknobs, taps, railings etc.
Front Line Staff are:
- Completing daily health screening questionnaires regarding their current health.
- Staying home and self-isolating if they are not feeling well or are experiencing any flu or cold-like
- Carrying personal hygiene kits on all jobs that include hand soap, hand sanitizer, gloves, paper
towels and garbage bags.
- Educated on proper hygiene, sanitizing practices and are instructed to wash their hands before
and after all jobs.
- Instructed to wash their uniforms after each shift.
- Not leaving the job site for their breaks and/or lunch.
- Practicing social distancing on job sites.
- Refraining from shaking hands with customers or suppliers.
Matco Moving Solutions is:
- Ensuring all vehicles are cleaned and sanitized after every job including the steering wheel, door
handles, controls and seatbelts.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all equipment between every job including hand trucks, carts, hand tools
and power tools.
- Dispatching a maximum of 5 employees per job to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Dispatching a maximum of 2 employees per vehicle.
- Monitoring and keeping in contact with all employees on the status of their health and
- All locations are closed to the general public but are still fully operational.
- All drivers, couriers and contractors are required to complete a health screening questionnaire
prior to accessing any of Matco’s warehouse facilities.
- All residential and commercial surveys are being conducted online or over the phone.
- All locations are cleaned and sanitized every day. This includes workstations, washrooms, door
handles, power switches, printing stations, equipment, cupboards and break rooms.