Matco is committed to providing moving and storage services with safety and quality as our priority.
The safety of our employees, customers, supplier partners and community remain the top priority at Matco Moving Solutions. We are continuing to monitor the situation and provide updates regarding our services. Your participation in our efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the risk of exposure is paramount at this time.
To keep both our employees and customers safe and healthy we suggest the following precautions/steps be taken during your relocation.
Before the crew arrives:
All hard surfaces to be sanitized the morning the crew arrives at your residence.
Dedicate a washroom for the crew to wash their hands and if possible, provide sanitizer/wipes/soap & warm water for them to utilize when in use.
Open doors inside your residence to limit the number of doorknobs the crew will touch.
For the health and safety of our crews and your family, please plan to limit the number of family members present during the move process. This will further extend physical distancing practices.
Do not shake hands with the moving crew. A simple “Hello” will do.
Have your own pen available when signing the paperwork.
After the crew leaves:
After the crew has left the residence, sanitize all hard surfaces as soon as possible. This includes doorknobs, taps, railings etc.
Matco Moving Solutions is taking action to keep our employees, customers, and suppliers safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. Below are the protocols and procedures our company has adopted to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Front Line Staff are:
- Instructed to wear a mask during all physical interactions with the customer, including the initial walkthrough and completing paperwork. Once physical work begins, the crew will remove their mask.
- Completing daily health screening questionnaires regarding their current health.
- Staying home and self-isolating if they are not feeling well or are experiencing any flu or cold-like
- Carrying personal hygiene kits on all jobs that include masks, hand soap, hand sanitizer, gloves, paper
towels and garbage bags.
- Educated on proper hygiene, sanitizing practices and are instructed to wash their hands before
and after all jobs.
- Instructed to wash their uniforms after each shift.
- Not leaving the job site for their breaks and/or lunch.
- Practicing social distancing on job sites.
- Refraining from shaking hands with customers or suppliers.
Matco Moving Solutions is:
- Ensuring all vehicles are cleaned and sanitized after every job including the steering wheel, door
handles, controls, and seatbelts.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all equipment between every job including hand trucks, carts, hand tools
and power tools.
- Monitoring and keeping in contact with all employees on the status of their health and
- All locations are open to the general public and are still fully operational.
- Visitors to a Matco location are by appointment only and are required to wear a mask.
- All drivers, couriers, and contractors are required to complete a health screening questionnaire
prior to accessing any of Matco’s warehouse facilities.
- Residential and Commercial surveys are being conducted online, over the phone, and occasionally in-person.
- All locations are cleaned and sanitized every day. This includes workstations, washrooms, door
handles, power switches, printing stations, equipment, cupboards, and break rooms.