You might be planning an upcoming office move and question whether you should hire office movers to relocate your office during the COVID-19 pandemic. This blog will help to answer some common questions businesses have when deciding whether to move or not.
Is it Safe to Move Your Office During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Yes. It is safe to move during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are considering hiring office movers, it’s important to do your research on what the company is doing to keep customers and their employees safe. This might involve health screening questionnaires, sanitization procedures and protocols that encourage physical distancing and limit the amount of people on site.
What Steps Can I Take to Limit the Risk Associated When Moving?
When it comes to moving during a pandemic there are always risks involved. However, there are many steps and precautions you can take as a business to limit these risks. If you hire office movers, it is recommended to limit the amount of people at the location on move day. Typically, the individual coordinating the move should be on site to provide access to the building and instruct the movers accordingly.
How Can I Prepare for Moving During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Preparation is crucial when it comes to managing an office or business move, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. The more prepared you are, the less time the movers will spend in your office space. Below are some steps you can take to prepare for your move:
- Provide your office movers with a clear floor plan and layout prior to the move taking place.
- Sanitize your office prior to the movers’ arrival.
- Get staff to sanitize frequently used items or areas.
- Use Matco’s sanitized moving bins, bags and labels to reduce the amount of handling.
- When packing, wash your hands frequently to limit the spread of germs on the items you are touching.
- Book the elevator(s) for your move time to reduce overcrowding in hallways and the elevator.
- Contact your new building management to review any protocols for deliveries, elevator use, and number of people allowed in the building.
- Limit the number of staff on site to only a few essential staff members.
- Maintain a safe distance (6 feet) from the office movers as you would others in the building.
- Provide clear directions to the washrooms and ensure hand sanitizers are easily accessible.
- If possible, keep as many doors open as possible to limit the touching of handles or keypads.
- Once your items are delivered, installed and unpacked, it is recommended to sanitize them again before using them.
Matco Moving Solutions is a full service office & commercial moving company with offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Yellowknife, Whitehorse, Inuvik & beyond. You can count on Matco to move your office safely and efficiently during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Contact us today for a budget quote.