Matco’s Moving Consultants can help plan your international move. We will supply you with free customs and immigration information and assist you through the process of clearing customs. Your Moving Consultant will keep you informed of any changes in customs requirements, but you can review some of the basic information here:
- United States Customs and Border Protection website
- To clear your household goods shipment through U.S. Customs, movers are required to complete a 3299 Customs Form
- Make sure to have a current passport for each member of your family as well as a completed Declaration for Free Entry of Unaccompanied Articles
- Importing a vehicle into the United States
For additional immigration information, check out the links below.
- The United States official source of immigration and citizenship information
- Immigration Handbooks and Manuals
- All you need to know about obtaining U.S. citizenship
- Entering the United States to study?
- Entering the United States to work temporarily?
- Apply for a United States work permit
- Explore details and facts of the United States with this Welcome Guide
Moving to Canada? View the Canadian entry procedures.